BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD
CUSTOMER SERVICE - MEDICAL (800) 458-6024
Have questions or need forms?
See documents, email the District Business Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (815) 740-3196 ext. 8213
JOLIET PUBLIC SCHOOLS DISTRICT 86 INSURANCE PLAN
New Monthly Total 2018 Premiums* - 1/1/2018 through 12/31/2018
||5% EMPLOYEE SHARE
Current Monthly Total 2017 Premiums* - 1/1/2017 through 12/31/2017
||5% EMPLOYEE SHARE
Pre-Tax Premium Deductions
Premium deductions for active employees are made pre-tax. Having your premiums deducted pre-tax generally reduces your state and federal tax liability and maximizes your take-home pay.
*FOR BENEFIT ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND DISTRICT CONTRIBUTIONS, PLEASE REFER TO THE WORKING AGREEMENT FOR YOUR EMPLOYEE GROUP.
Joliet Public Schools District 86 offers one District health plan. The plan is a Preferred Provider Network (PPO) and is administered by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois. A schedule of benefits and coverage is available in the documents section. Information on the health plan can be found in the documents section or by contacting the District Business Office via email email@example.com or at (815) 740-3196 ext. 8213.
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS COVERAGE (SBC) AVAILABLE
All health plans are required to make a Summary of Benefits Coverage (SBC) available to health plan participants and beneficiaries during open enrollment. Employees, participants and beneficiaries can access the SBC’s for the District’s Health Insurance Plan located in the documents section.
CERTIFICATE OF CREDITABLE COVERAGE
To obtain a certificate of creditable coverage, please contact Blue Cross Blue Shield directly via the phone number listed on the back of your insurance card.
BLUE ACCESS FOR MEMBERS(BAM)
Did you know you can login to Blue Cross Blue Shield and get answers to a number of your questions?
BAM provides online access to health and wellness information, and as applicable to your plan, the ability to:
- Check the status of a claim and see your claims history
- Sign up to get claim status email alerts
- Confirm who in your family is covered under your plan
- View and print an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) for a claim
- Search for a doctor or hospital in the network
- Select an option to electronically receive information about your plan
- Request a new member ID card or print a temporary ID card
- Make premium payments
- View alerts on ways to manage health costs and get estimates for medical services and prescription drugs
- Get estimates for medical services and prescription drugs