DISTRICT 86 STUDENT REGISTRATION
2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR STUDENT REGISTRATION
Returning Student Registration Available Now
Please select the Let's Talk icon at the top of the page to submit a question about student registration
All students must register each year whether or not the student is a current student in a District 86 school or a child who is new to District 86. Parents/Guardians, you will need to provide three proofs of residency. Click here for information regarding documents that can be used to prove residency.
If your child is currently enrolled in any District 86 school for the 2019-2020 school year, you will pre-register your child through our Back-to-School Registration Gateway. You will need to know your child's School ID number and your child's Date of Birth. Please click here for basic instructions to get started. When you are ready, please click the link below to register your returning child for the 2020-2021 school year. Additional information is published at the bottom of this page.
If you are registering a student who did not attend a District 86 School in the 2019-2020 school year, you will pre-register your child through our New Student Registration Gateway by clicking the link below. You will create an account and enter information for each child you wish to pre-register.
- The online process is available in both English and Spanish languages
- Parents & Guardians of currently enrolled 2019-2020 students will be emailed their log-in information on 04/02/2020.
- The Family Portal account is not used for pre-registration, new users will need to create a new user account in the Registration system (NEW students only)
- In addition to completing the online pre-registration process, the parent/guardian must provide the following information:
- Three (3) proofs of residency
- Legal custody documents (if applicable)
- Identification for the parent/guardian
- Physical exam and proof of immunization records are required for students entering pre-kindergarten, kindergarten, and 6th grade
- Eye exams are required for incoming kindergartners
- Dental exams are required for students entering kindergarten, 2nd, and 6th grades.
- Proof of TDAP immunization is required for all 6th graders.