A Message from Principal
What an honor to be named a NATIONAL SCHOOL OF CHARACTER 2020 - 2025! In the midst of a pandemic, Forest Park I.E. students and staff have lived up to our challenge of being RESPONSIVE when faced with a (global-wide) problem. I am so proud of how we have addressed our circumstances! Our actions match our accolades!
Forest Park Individual Education is Joliet’s only public elementary school offering Corsini’s 4R / Adlerian philosophy. As a magnet school, parents must choose to enroll their children after attending an informational meeting. Forest Park I.E. educates the whole child: (academics, student responsibility, exploratory/creative courses, and individual counseling). We provide a unique educational choice and also attract a racially diverse student population throughout the city.
Enrollment is open to all qualified students throughout District 86 in grades K-5. Our current enrollment is approximately 300 students. Transportation is available to students who meet the criteria. NOTE: No bilingual services are offered.
Interested Families must:
- Call the school to attend an I.E. Orientation Meeting: 815-723-0414
- Complete an I.E. Application Form after the Orientation Meeting
- Families with completed Application Forms are placed onto the I.E. Waiting List
- Student selection is based on the Waiting List Order (first come, first served)
- Sign a Forest Park I.E. School Contract (Student and Parents) after the selection process; The signing of the contract indicates that the student and parents agree with the rules and philosophy of the school. When accepted into the program my family is agreeing to commit to the I.E. Philosophy for the entire K-5 educational experience.