Strategic Plan Approved
Joliet Public Schools District 86 has recently approved its next future-focused, five-year Strategic Plan. The Strategic Planning process is the driving force behind our continuous improvement process. Parents, students, staff, and community members have been, and will continue to be, involved in every step of the way, to make sure that all voices are heard. To promote an open and transparent process, our Strategic Planning Team consists of administrators, certified staff, support staff, parents, and community members, and is being led by an objective outside facilitator.
This is a visual representation of the aspects of our Strategic Plan:
Key Components of the Strategic Plan
- The achievement gap among all student groups will decrease annually as measured by District assessments.
- Overall performance on District and state assessments will increase annually.
- Each student will achieve their growth targets as measured by District and state assessments.
- All students will exemplify behaviors and attendance necessary for personal excellence, character development, and responsible citizenship.
- Family and community engagement will increase annually through participation in District and school activities, events, and programs that continue to celebrate our overall diversity.
- In partnership with families and community, we will operationalize the work of cultural responsiveness, equity, and restorative educational experiences to dismantle disproportionality among student groups.
- We will ensure that our curriculum, instruction, and assessments are implemented with fidelity and make data-driven decisions to address gaps in student achievement.
- We will develop and implement plans for student and family engagement to reduce absenteeism.
- We will create and implement plans to recruit, develop, support, and retain highly-qualified staff to better meet the needs of our diverse student population.
- We will develop and implement plans to improve our facilities and provide innovative spaces.
Each of these strategies has an action plan which serves as the detailed roadmap for how we will bring each strategy to life. These action plans were developed by teams of diverse stakeholders who researched best practices and opportunities for innovation. They used their research and created detailed action plans to support each strategy.
Use the links below to learn more about the entire Strategic Plan, including all of the Action Plans.
Strategic Plan Committee