Joliet Public Schools District 86 provides a high-quality, inclusive, and equitable education for students to grow, lead, and thrive by empowering staff, collaborating with families, and embracing our diverse community.
The Board of School Inspectors of Joliet Public Schools District 86 approved the District's Five-Year Strategic Plan on April 12, 2023. Please visit https://www.joliet86.org/district-info/strategic-plan/ for more information.
- The achievement gap among all student groups will decrease annually as measured by District assessments.
- Overall performance on District and state assessments will increase annually.
- Each student will achieve their growth targets as measured by District and state assessments.
- All students will exemplify behaviors and attendance necessary for personal excellence, character development, and responsible citizenship.
- Family and community engagement will increase annually through participation in District and school activities, events, and programs that continue to celebrate our overall diversity.
- In partnership with families and community, we will operationalize the work of cultural responsiveness, equity, and restorative educational experiences to dismantle disproportionality among student groups.
- We will ensure that our curriculum, instruction, and assessments are implemented with fidelity and make data-driven decisions to address gaps in student achievement.
- We will develop and implement plans for student and family engagement to reduce absenteeism.
- We will create and implement plans to recruit, develop, support, and retain highly-qualified staff to better meet the needs of our diverse student population.
- We will develop and implement plans to improve our facilities and provide innovative spaces.
Joliet Public Schools District 86 covers 26.4 square miles in Joliet, Illinois. The District includes:
- 15 Elementary Schools
- 4 Junior High Schools
- 1 Early Childhood Center
- 1 Alternative School
Enrollment: 9,610 students (09/30/2022)
- 68% Hispanic
- 20% African-American
- 8% Caucasian
- 4% Multi
1669 employees, 745 teachers
Operating Expense Per Pupil: $14,706.92
Per Capita Tuition Charge Per Pupil: $11,649.88
Average Class Size: 16 students: 1 teacher
Student Attendance Rate: 92.2%
Cutting edge technology in all classrooms
Two award-winning Magnet Programs
Eisenhower Academy named a 2016 and 2022 National Blue Ribbon School.
Forest Park I.E. School received a 2018 Illinois State School of Character and a 2020 National School of Character awards.
Full Day Kindergarten is offered.
Nearly 5,000 students ride a bus.
Over 2,500 school breakfasts and 6,900 lunches are served daily.
More than 875 students participate in a music ensemble.
All students receive general music and visual art instruction in grades K-8.
District Report Card
Freedom Of Information
District Organizational Chart
District Facts Flyer
District 86 Buildings Facts
District 86 Brochure 2022-2023