A Message from Principal
Farragut Elementary School is the home to approximately 700 students in kindergarten through fifth grade. Farragut School is located in the heart of the Cathedral Area across the street from the University of St. Francis and adjacent to Preservation Park.
Farragut School was erected in 1899. It was a beautiful limestone building on the corner of Glenwood and Wilcox. Named after Admiral Farragut, it had eight rooms. The second building was built in 1915. The annex building was constructed between 1925 and 1928. Farragut had a major renovation in 2004 which resulted in connecting the main building with the annex so it is now one building.
Farragut Elementary School is a partner with the University of St. Francis as a Professional Development/Lab School. Please feel free to visit us in person at Farragut School and see what quality public education is all about.