1:1 Learning Initiative
Joliet Public Schools District 86 believes that the integration of technology, appropriately aligned with the curriculum, is essential in motivating and engaging students in rigorous and relevant learning. 1:1 Technology provides the opportunity for anytime/anywhere learning and opens the doors to the critical thinking and problem solving skills that students will need to contribute and succeed in our global society.
- Each student will be assigned a Chromebook, charging cable, and sleeve case.
- Unless otherwise directed, students will bring their Chromebooks to school each day and take them home each day after school.
- Students will be expected to charge their Chromebooks at home and bring them to school fully charged each day.
- The charging cable is to remain at home.
- Equipment will be collected by the school at the end of the school year.
- Students will use the same Chromebook for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade.
- Students in good standing will be allowed to keep their Chromebook upon graduation from 8th grade.
1:1 Learning Initiative Parent Guidelines Overview Video