Join Our Journey
Apr 18, 2018
Let me start by sharing more about our district goals. These goals were developed following a year of review and reflection on the needs of the district and the direction necessary for improvement.
- Cultural Proficiency is our focus on equity across the district. We want to ensure that we are aware and supportive of all aspects of culture in our district as we help students to be successful.
- Early Literacy is our focus on the youngest of our students and ensuring they have all of the foundational skills in order to be successful as thy continue through their schooling and life.
- Mastery by Grade Three is our focus on ensuring that our students have all of the basic skills in place prior to leaving third grade. As a young learner, students are learning to read. As they grow into an adolescent, they need to be reading to learn. Mastery by Grade Three will help this transition for student learning.
- Mastery by Grade Eight is our focus on ensuring that our students are prepared for high school success. It is critical that our students leave eighth grade with all of the necessary skills to be successful entering high school. Our partnership with Joliet Township High School District 204 is essential to the success of this goal
- Digital Citizenship is our focus on the integration and utilization of digital tools and resources. This goal is important for our staff and our students. We must be critical consumers of all aspects of digital media as we embrace all of the resources and tools provided through digital formats.
These goals are not possible without a strong foundation as a culturally responsive organization that provides equitable access to rigorous standards-based instruction with a focus on results through professional learning and collaboration supported through partnerships with families and the community. We are intent on making certain that all of our students are successful. Our partnerships with everyone who is reading this message is important and necessary for this work succeed.
Are you our partner? I hope so! Together we can do so much more than we can as individuals. Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Come back each week for more!