General information regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Mar 04, 2020
The safety and well-being of our students and staff remains our number one priority. We are monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. There are no known cases in Will County. At this time, the health risk to the general public from coronavirus is still isolated to specific cases.
Currently, the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) recommends schools hold classes and events as usual, and follow routine cleaning and disinfecting procedures; no special measures are necessary.
As for what you can do, the IDPH also recommends the best way to protect against coronavirus is by taking the same everyday precautions against getting sick in general. These include:
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Staying home when you are sick.
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Information on the Coronavirus from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) can be found at : www.cdc.gov/coronavirus or at the IDPH at www.dph.illinois.gov
We have a team of district level administration who is monitoring recommendations regarding coronavirus and will update you as soon as there are any significant changes in recommendations for schools.
Thank you for your support in helping keep our school community healthy. As always, if you have any questions or comments feel free to click here or you can also find the "Let's Talk" logo at the top of the district website.