Attendance Awareness Month
Sep 06, 2023
September is recognized nationwide as "Attendance Awareness Month," a time to emphasize the important role that consistent school attendance plays in shaping the educational journey of our students. As we build attendance habits in September, we want to highlight the importance of regular attendance during the entire academic year.
Strong attendance is the foundation for academic success, personal growth, and building a strong school community. When students are present, they have the opportunity to engage with their teachers, peers, and the curriculum, leading to a more enriched and fulfilling learning experience.
Throughout September, I encourage our families to join us in celebrating Attendance Awareness Month by:
- Making Attendance a Priority: Emphasize the importance of attending school every day. Regular attendance ensures that your children don't miss out on important lessons, discussions, and activities that contribute to their overall development.
- Setting a Positive Example: Your involvement plays an important role in motivating your children to attend school consistently. Your commitment to attendance sends a powerful message about its importance.
- Creating a Routine: Establish a daily routine that includes enough time for rest, preparation, and getting to school. A consistent routine helps students transition smoothly into their learning environment each day.
- Open Communication: If your children are facing challenges that might impact their attendance, please contact their teacher or school principal. We are here to support and work collaboratively to find solutions.
- Celebrate Success: Recognize your children's achievements and milestones in attendance. Positive reinforcement can go a long way.
Thank you for being an integral part of our school community. Together, let's celebrate our students' potential and ensure that September Attendance Awareness Month sets a positive tone for the entire school year ahead.
If you ever have a question, comment, concern, or compliment about one of our schools or the District, send a message by clicking on the Let's Talk Logo here or on the District website