Home.DISTRICT 86 IS GOING GOOGLE!
DISTRICT 86 IS GOING GOOGLE!
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE GOING GOOGLE?
Google Apps for Education (GAFE) is a cloud based learning platform that will serve as a production tool for our students to create a range of documents online that may be accessed at home or at school. GAFE will allow students to work on projects and assignments from any device that has internet access. One of the biggest advantages of using the GAFE platform is the ability to share documents. This will provide many opportunities for students to collaborate with teachers and their peers on various assignments. It will also allow for a paperless transfer of work between students and teachers. As with any online tool, it will be important that students engage with GAFE as a safe, responsible, and respectful digital citizen. Please see the Digital Citizen Guidelines linked below.
Digital Citizenship Guidelines
WHAT SHOULD YOU KNOW ABOUT GOOGLE APPS FOR EDUCATION?
- Students will login to their GAFE account using a District-generated gmail address. This will be used for login purposes only.
- Students will not be able to send or receive emails through their Google account.
- Students cannot "Share" items with anyone outside of the Joliet 86 domain.
- Students are not required to have internet access at home.
- Students will not be bringing computers home from school.
- It is very important that students DO NOT share their account login information with anyone.
- District Google administrators will have access to student accounts.
- GAFE does not share any data or other user information with any other party.