Forest Park I.E. is Joliet’s only public elementary school offering Corsini’s 4R Individual Education/Adlerian philosophy. As a magnet school, parents must choose to enroll their children after attending an informational meeting. Forest Park I.E. educates the whole child: (academics, student responsibility, exploratory/creative courses, and individual counseling). We provide a unique educational choice and also attract a racially diverse student population throughout the city.
Enrollment is open to all students throughout District 86 in grades K-5 who are on the waiting list. Student with an IEP of 300 minutes or less are welcome to attend. Our current enrollment is 300 students. Transportation is available to students who meet the criteria. NOTE: No bilingual services are offered.
Interested Families must:
· Call the school to attend an I.E. Orientation Meeting
· Complete an I.E. Application Form after the Orientation Meeting
· Families with completed Application Forms are placed onto the I.E. Waiting List
· Student selection is based on the Waiting List Order (first come, first served)
· Sign a Forest Park I.E. School Contract (Student and Parents) after the selection process; The signing of the contract indicates that the student and parents agree with the rules and philosophy of the school. When accepted into the program my family is agreeing to commit to the I.E. Philosophy for the entire K-5 educational experience.